Saturday, July 30, 2005

Living Life.

I am alive.

So today I had a final which was almost a joke. I say almost becuase some questions were actually challenging. But this course was a complete cakewalk... and i could go on but I won't becuase there are more important things to ruminate about.

So after my final and go to Welsh's place to hand Seth $170 for the table and bed. I'm still trying to sell the damn thing. But I apprecite seeing Seth. I always do. I appreciate interacting with him in the arena of friendship. It's really interesting seeing how our dramatic romance turned out to facilitate a relaxed honest friendship.

"The whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing... that's history"
~ Seth, trying to justify.. something.

God does miracles. Even (and especially) with the seemingly impossible.

---

I am alive.

I had coffee with Curt and Dustin after meeting Seth.

"I thought we were going to socialize"
~ Dustin, after an hour of Nav talk.

Indeed I think we get too driven with tangible agendas that we really forget to, just be with each other, appreciating each other's personhood without looking at their social/organizational contribution.

And then later Dustin and I talked a bit about understanding people. Yes, you can having deep and close friendships with people whom you don't understand. And I really appreciate that reality, because we'd never really truely understand everyone, or anyone.

And besides, Jesus never told us that we should understand, he called us to Love.

Let's work on that.

---

I am alive.

I played tennis today with Dustin, Mel and J.B.

And this is simple love:
When J.B. decides to 'play' tennis with me while Dust and Mel go nuts on the speed balls. He coaches me slowly, observing my swing and stroke, directing my accuracy and just patiently working the game out with me. And then we join in with Mel and Dust doing a half court game, for my sake.

There we go. So simple.

---

I am alive.

Deej called. He is another person I look up to alot. He showed me the beauty and grace of humanity. He showed me strength and instilled a lot of courage in me. Watching him live his life is empowering. And I appreciate the fact that he values me as a friend, close enough to call from Chilliwack while he's barging though the bushes.

---

I am alive

Qn: What do you call a musician without a girlfriend?
Ans: Homeless.

The joke for today, according to my 365 joke calendar.
Some humour hurts.

I'm glad I didn't buy the cap that had "I love the drummer" written across the front. It would've been a complete waste of money.

Though, I am glad that I even had chance to consider it.

No comments: