Monday, August 01, 2005

I'm just packed with activities. Rushing from group to group, appointment to appointment, person to person. I am going to have to learn to be wise about what I decide to do. I also have to be wise about who I decide to be.

---

"ARE YOU REAL?"
~ Non-native english speaker on the bus. He was trying to say 'are you for real?'

I have found that it is more important to be real then to have all these little agenda's that push you through, robbing you of your personhood. You run the agenda. Don't let it run you.

---

I love being disillusioned. Not in the negative sense as we understand it today, but in terms of disrobing falsehoods, of shedding dead, rotting notions of reality.

Or in DJ's army slang: 'go unfuck yourself.'

(*maybe now's a good time to deal with the language use on my blog. I apologise for any offence administered and would like to state that I never use words flippantly. I understand words to be cultural symbols laden with messages that are inherently neutral. I reserve the right to use all words, in ways that are appropriate in accordance to the author's (i.e. me) discretion. I do not intend to be careless or disrespectful in anyway, but I intend to be real. This is me. Thank you for your kind understanding. Comments are appreciated.)

No comments: