Thursday, August 11, 2005

Whole

I was lying in bed last night and thought of something that I'd have liked to share in this corner of the blogsphere. Unfortunately... yeah, I lost it by morning.

I think my recent lack of creativity on my blog is reflective of the fact that I have nothing left to say. It's almost as if I've gotten a grip on life (how misleading!), crusing along with, really, nothing to deal with except a bed to sell, a job to get, and a budget to balance.

Your problems seem so... superficial.
~ Mel. After me lamenting about being unable to sell a bed.

And as I told him, oh the big convoluted existential, philosophical theological questions I can handle with one hand tied behind my back. Not a problem. Not that I've gotten it all controlled, I just.... well.. handle it well. I think.

I wonder what's going to happen with something really big happens.
~ Mel. After me screaming about being unable to sell a bed.

Not much really, I told him. This is the worse I'll get in my ability to handle traumatic events in my life. For those of you who walked with me though my break up with Seth and the death of the Hannah-Dennis alliance, flag me if you disagree. But I have to say that throughout the soul-numbing pain, I believe that I was as functional as I ever was. Plodding along though life, doing what Hannah does, if anything, better. With the one exception of having more fulfilling blog updates.

So while I lack the capacity (and desire) to corpse out on life during severely traumatising events, I'll take every opportunity to do so in the tiny ones. When it really doesn't matter. That way, life goes on, nothing is disrupted and I get my share of drama.

My blog writing will suffer though. But you'll know that it's because life is good.

No comments: