Saturday, May 27, 2006

I am so in Singapore right now. I guess that's a good thing, enjoying where you're at and really being here, in the community. I have to say that I have the best family in the world. I could gush but it's really pointless*.

Where you stand affects the perception of what you see. I stand here, and I look there. And I wonder if it's worth it. We buy, we sell, and as much as I rail against Economics as a sort of self-perpatuating lie, over-rated and distorted... we buy and sell. We change this for that, and in relationships, him for her.

And I am sure I have. And I sometimes find myself asking if it was worth it.
No, worth is the wrong question to ask, this isn't a question of economics.

Was it wise?

And now that I am persuing. Is this wise? And ever so quietly, is it worth it?

* So daddy tells us this highly ridiculous story of a this time in Israel with the ship when he saw a squrriel. He was so excited, he took off the shirt he was wearing, threw it on the unsuspecting animal and rushed off to share his new pet with his teammates.

They looked, they saw, they ran. It was actually a skunk.

I just have images of my dad, topless, holding a bundle the size of a baby and calling it a squrriel. This beats the time he tried to wash his car in Calgary, in sub-zero weather.

No comments: