Thursday, June 15, 2006

Got lost at the temples. Thi bribed policman $2 to call me. Feeling better. Bought new clothes and cap. Lost Daddy's. Will meet shu tmr. Go Phnom Penh to laos.

Thi and I rarely do the normal touristy stuff. Stupid boy could've just smsed me and saved the 2 bucks. But then again, I can't really complain, I've had my share of stupid expenditures.

Going thailand-laos tmr. Fought w Thi, CB say skip laos. Sick of temples. Still sick. Thi still take good care of me. Met Shu-Glad today.

The one of only 3 times when Thi and I had a bumpy time. I shook in anger at the suggestion that I take the $57 Lao Visa as a sunk cost and skip the country all together. I saw it as a perimeter to work within, he saw things differently.

In Thai, went through lonely north crossing. Hitched-hiked on pick-up. Now in nice hotel. Miss cambodia.

Another last minute decision, another adventure. Instead of going to O'Smach we made the decision to go to Anlong Veng instead, throwing all our plans into the wind. We found ourselves stranded in the hills seperating Cambodia and thailand with no means of transportation down to Udon. I wasn't the least bit worried. Thi was going nuts. In his defence, he takes it upon himself to protect me and that responsibility is doubly compounded by the fact that he speaks fluent Thai and therefore has the ability to negotiate and bargain.

But it was my idea to hitch-hike on the back of a pickup truck. The first one we approached belonged to a fishmonger. Who sat there scaling the day's catch with a metal spoon. She said that we could catch a ride down with her when her husband comes back from the mountain. WTF.

Thi insists that he wasn't going nuts. But I know when he does becuase he gets sarcarstic and mean. Although I did suggest that we sit on top of a cargo lorry, which warrented his frustration. So anyway, we soon found ourselves on the back of a pickup with the wind in our hair and the thai landscape stretching out before us. The green trees and the blue river. How can there not be love and truth in this world?

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

----------------------------
The difference between a gift and a curse is Truth and Love.
I'm so sorry.

No comments: