Friday, September 22, 2006

It took a while, but it finally dawned upon me while climbing the quiet stairs to my room: I am, and feel, beautiful. I may not look it, or act it, but I know that I am.

And with that in mind, I'll find my quiet and put my arms around you.

-----------------------------

Sometimes, when I look into the mirror, I fear that the energy within me will rise up from my reflection and swallow me whole. I know its ridiculous to be afraid of your own reflection in the mirror, but I think I sometimes think that this isn't me running my life.

But I'm sure we all feel that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm...the comments about the mirror remind me both of the bible and narnia. First in Narnia when lucy is going into the magician's room to read the book of spells, in voyage of the dawn treader. She walks by the mirror that is the shape of her face with a little goatee on it, and she freaks out but forces herself to look at it. Once she knows the magician she no longer fears it but almost embraces it, just as something quirky and funny. Interestingness.
Oh and the bible one...um, I think it was james, perhaps not, about looking in a mirror and forgetting what you look like, like a man tossed by the waves.