Sunday, December 31, 2006

I can't believe that time has flown by so rapidly. It seems like only yesterday Gwen screamed "WHAT YOU WAITING FOR?" at my flacid and timorous self as I trotted pensively toward the faculty offices. Now, she has a new album, and I am to leave Singapore in a week.

As Aunty Wenli was saying at fourth-grand-aunt's wake this evening, a lot has happened within these few months. I traversed Indochine with a highly beloved friend and returned to the drama of identity politics. I started school and found my family. I fell in love with two people, at a similar time and chose one. I stage managed, albeit poorly, a church musical and drastically redirected the academic course of my life. I reconnected with old friends and my fourth-grand-aunt passed away.

I am ready to return to Vancouver. So much is waiting for me. and I will meet her head on.

No comments: