Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I don't wake with the feeling of dread at the back of my throat, but rather with the slow ache of anxiety in my bones. What if I can't find a good place to live? What if I can't find a fulfilling job? Pointless as shearing cats really, but what can I do? I lie in bed captive to the weight of my fears. They've created a dent in my mattress and kinks in my joints.

I can't move.

There is not space for fear in a student's life, you just do it.
~ Me, on an essay that looked me in the eye like death would.

2 comments:

shu said...

FRET NOT! your fears echo those of most 22 year olds on this planet who constantly need to scour the land for a place to live whilst attending university and despairing over employment options.

welcome to being human in an uncertain world. exciting isn't it?

Anonymous said...

dread! i've stopped waking up to dread, now my life is filled with purpose of surviving this wretched school.

i like not waking up with dread.
glad