Saturday, February 03, 2007

give Belmont some respect, eh?
~ Dustin, after I tell him that Thi rocks and that I'd date him if he were christian. *pout*

Respect. Something not easily earned from me. I can like someone, I can be in awe of their social standing and capabilites. And I can be open with them. But to respect calls something more, something deeper in terms of the soul. (I think, or I might just be waffly here)

So I'm always gently skirting the edges of relationship (all of them) looking for reasons to respect or disrespect.

I have learnt to give people the expected respect they deserve as friends, teachers, leaders and yes, boyfriends. It wasn't something that came naturally to me, I am not one to adhere too accurately to social expectations. I live very much introspectively, by my own rules and reality that I construct in my mid. But I am learning.

And to Belmont, inspite of my short attention span and an eager need to be entertain, I give him the respect he deserves as my boyfriend. It sits awkwardly away from it's usual pedastal that is named Dennis. But then again, it didn't really exist too well up there. It really isn't too difficult.

To make mere mortals looks bad
~ Belmont, before we were dating, to me asking what the reason for my being on earth was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT>? NO. Oi u told me to take the wrong bus lah. Have to transfer 3 busses to go home!! Took almost 2 hours to transit! I don't rock. I'm no leafy suburb.

Belmont/Belrat: You Rock. *It's very nice*