Tuesday, December 09, 2008

They are leaning out for love...

I will take you down to my place near the river, you can hear the boats go by and you can spend the night beside me. And you know that I'm half crazy, but that's why you want to be here. And I'll feed you tea and oranges that come all the way from China. And just when you mean to tell me that you have no love to give me, I'll get you on my wavelength and let the river answer: you've always been my lover.

And she wants to travel with you
And she want to travel blind
And she knows that she can trust you
For you've touched her perfect body with your mind.

& they will lean that way forever
L. Cohen :: Suzanne

Bold and beautiful choices are daily made, and with them, the spectre of consequence. I've never felt the need to be protected or to protect myself, and who needs insurance anyway? If my choices are the expression of my being, let them flow and drown me.

But I do giggle tenderly at the secret lunges that loved ones make for me, as if to catch me as I dance barefoot along the razor rocks sharpened by the sea. But they forget that this is my element, and that I have wings. And even so, if I do falter and hurt myself eventually, there is always grace.

So, let me love you, because this is what I'm here for.
And even if you don't, I already have.

2 comments:

Jarrett said...

Just because you have wings doesn't mean that we can't still worry about you. Because even if you love us, we need to love you too...

Hannah Lim said...

HAHAHAHA oh god. In light of the retrospective nature of... this comment. It's seems so contrived. This is the LAST time I'm doing this. J you're hilarious.