Saturday, October 05, 2002

*guilt*

I don't understand why I am so blessed amidst all the suffering. My friends are in pain, my ex-boyfriend is... beyond what i dare say.
Yet i roll around in comfort's bosom. Surrounded by nothing but adoring adorable people. I am so happy, yet so unfulfilled.
Why can't i understand their pain, why don't I have a portion of their sufferings to call my own.
Call me stupid, wanton and ungrateful... But it's important to me.
How else can I be human? How else can I be rich with experience...

So she came crying on my shoulder, "my parents refuse to let me go to the good-friday event, they won't let me go to church either..." and at that moment, in all my 12 years, I understood how blessed I was to have freedom of worship, and how much more blessed she was to have such an experience, that 20 years down the road, when faced with a similar circumstance mirrored in another, she can truely say: I understand

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But i try my best anyway... for all that I am worth,
To hold despite being unabled to fully comprehend,
At least I can... for a little bit...

It's my turn to play Angel

All through the night I'll be standing over you
All through the night I'll be watching over you
And through the bad dreams I'll be right there, baby
Holding your hand, telling you everything is all right
And when you cry I'll be right there
Telling you you were never anything less than beautiful
So don't you worry
I'm your Angel standing by
~Jewel

No comments: