Thursday, March 11, 2004

BLOW MY MIND

To all you wonderful people out there!!
This concept never ever fails to amaze me:

Transparency does not mean dependency.
There is a huge distinction between being honest and being dependent on another person for you self-worth.

I've been plagued with the theme of Identity lately (3 paper, 1 study and 1 talk and many conversations). Where is your Identity? where do you place it? where is it embedded? Coming to canada has provoked me. Like crazy. So here's my two-cents worth:

Place your Identity in God and in God alone.
He determines who you are and more importantly your Worth.
When you have established yourself in his unfailing and neverchanging perfect being, relationships become a lot less of a hassle:

In that I can be completely transparent with someone, I can be completely vulnerable, without fearing, without the possiblity of being crushed.
Hurt? yes. Always a possibility. But the magnitude of the pain would be much less, definately not life-shattering. Simply becuase my strength is found in God. Being vulnerable doesn't entail weakness, it entails honesty.

So I can, with full confidence of my Identity in Christ, reach out and build deep, intimate relationships without imposing on another for my self-worth, and without holding myself back, for fear of being crushed.

AMAZING ISN'T IT?

It's all about Jesus.

Blow my mind!!!

No comments: