Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Soulitude

Keeping my identity and self-esteem in focus seems to be the over-riding chore of the day lately. Sometimes, I pray that everyone in the space around me would just disappear so that I can be left alone, with no one to judge me. I just want to function alone, in peace, without the draining weight of keeping "the other" in balance. I know my self-worth, I know my identity, and I know that it is all found in Jesus. But that's the thing see:

Me and God, we tight.
Me and Society, we fight.

I am crippled in this. I cannot function to the best of my ability. I pass up opportunites and possiblities because I am riddled with the fear that "the other" sees me as inferior, ugly, sad and unacceptable.

I am sorry.
Now give me another chance.

In my heart of hearts I know that the solitude I seek should not be that of being singularly alone, but being intimately alone in the presence of God. God completes man, and makes him whole. Now make me realize that.

No comments: