Sunday, March 07, 2004

I hope it rains today
Heavily.

You can keep me company
As long as you don't care


Easy peasy.
I remember realizing sometime back that one's pyschological depth would entail an ability to understand the psychologically shallow (whom, by the way were more often then not spoken of in a condescening, pitying matter. poor blind folks.)

Of course that isn't true and that mentality springs from chronic blindness on our part.
The deep emcompass the shallow
Like how any ocean would have the means to capacitate a pond, or any bucket a tea cup, any more for anything less. So it boils down to the fact that we're different, that's all. No such thing as shallow deep intense weak etc etc etc. We're all the same. just different.
All equal. Just different.
All broken, Just different.
All having worth, Just different.

And though I know you can't appreciate it

Because we're different.
I make choices.
Some to be blind.
Some to be deaf.
Some to be mute.
And most to be blank.

To save the agony of being misunderstood and frustrated with our differences.
Tried tested true.

I only smile in the dark
My only comfort is the night gone black
I didn't accidentally tell you that
I'm only happy when it rains


Garbage :: Only happy when it rains

No comments: