Friday, March 12, 2004

Damn...

This is what helplessness feels like

That old dog has chained you up alright
Give you everything you need
To live inside a twisted cage
Sleep beside an empty rage


Maybe it's selfishness. Maybe my love is directed to me. I want the healing to come from me.

I'll rock you till the daylight comes
Make sure you are smiling and warm
I am everything
Tonight I'll be your mother I will
Do such things to ease your pain
Free your mind and you won't feel ashamed

~Sophie B. Hawkins

Not for me anyhow.
Time to remind myself that I am a mere human.

And this is what helplessness feels like. To see you suffer and to be unable to do anything about it. Struggling, wrestling and all. Chains. Wearines. Restlessness. Desire. Pain. I don't know which one hurts the most. Maybe it's the fact that you're just there. Not being able to do anything. at. all.

You.
Me.
Everyone else.

...sweet zoe jane

No comments: