Saturday, April 10, 2004

Trippin'

I wish could tie you up in my shoes
Make you feel unpretty too
I was told I was beautiful
But what does that mean to...


... me?

Not much, if it isn't realized. There's a huge difference between my personal and social Identity. One has more priority, another has more power.

Look into the mirror, who's inside there?
The one with the long hair.
Same old me again today


It isn't the object of beauty that's changed, it's the definition of beauty. Now see, if we unravel the language, maybe we can break free from all this.

But if you can't look inside you
Find out, who am I to
Be in the position to make me feel
So damn unpretty
I'll make you feel unpretty too


It's all inside out.
It's all about awareness.
Reaching out beyond yourself.
Finding the means to understand.
Finding the strength and desire to love.

To be One.

At the end of the day
I have myself to blame


Darn right...

No comments: