Tuesday, February 22, 2005

HEY! WHAT'S GOING ON?
I'm a non-blonde alright.

And am really stoked about being alive. Are you awake?
____________________________________________________________

Apparently not. It's 1 am now and post-yoga and I'm floppy tired. I just got off the phone with mummy and daddy and am currently facing the situation of having to find housing and having to budget fiercely for myself. I somehow expected an easy answer I guess, with a spacey budget (reads $600-$700) from encouraging parents who, in the spirit of all Asianness, would "want the best for me". Apparently, the best isn't always what I want.

So instead of the usual (with fries on the side), I am suddenly 21 years old, with the power to do anything I want... within my resources. Ok so Daddy and Mummy don't give me a budget (they actually tell me to get a room that rents like gage.) and essentially tell me to suck it up and live with it.

And I quite like that. No doubt I will go to bed worried and frustrated with the future, with having to live within my suddenly very visible and very real means. I do wish that they'd give me an unending budget and I do wish that they'd look out for my comfort. Besides, it's not like I spend unnecessarily or foolishly.

But that's not the point. The point is that I'm 21, and I'm an adult. And I should be treated so.

Thanks parents, for all the support, and empowerment.

No comments: