Sunday, September 03, 2006

I N A N I S

The music plays, the worship commences and this is all I'm left with. A snared spirit encased within flesh and bone, the flesh and bone that fail to conform to its authority. To dance alive and to have meaning whispered through the sinews and tendons that make it me, and make me it.

"Meaningless! Meaningless!"
says the Teacher.
"Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless."
Ecc 1:2

And then I find that I haven't the energy to respect you, and cannot help but find the way you affectionately finger your little ephemeral ornaments to be vomit-inducing, and blood-curdling. My utter lack of sentimentality and empathy reduces your entire sun-center to be as the green goop that grows under the sinks in public washrooms - in China.

After, sitting on the steps of service 858 watching the world flow by in closer proximity, I find another soulsong:

You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex
A stranger with your door key explaining that I am just visiting
And I am finally seeing
Why I was the one worth leaving
Why I was the one worth leaving

The District Sleeps Alone Tonight ~ The Postal Service

and I am quietened.

No comments: