Friday, September 08, 2006

Well actually, I was planning on sleeping, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to reconnect with an old friend. The one who seduced me into thought and depth. In the way I would define to be valuable thinking and quality depth. She tells me that she has stumbled upon the blogs of a few old friends. One in Australia, co-blogging with her very impressive photographer boyfriend, Tristan would be crushed. Another in New Zealand, freshly weded, and yet another in Singapore.

Reading between the lives (heh.. heh...), funny.

There were photos in which I recognized every face, the names jumped out at me, the relationships induced weird stomach acrobatics.

I am twice removed form these people, they would were, and would've been my best friends. The girls in my life that I grew up with, dreamed with and loved. i was removed once via the vicious church crisis in 1998 and twice by nationality.

And I don't know them anymore. But while a section of me screams out to them, the rest is rather grateful.

The Lord has been good to me, but on one respect I have felt betrayed: that I was never given the gift of a normal christian fellowship you know. One where you grow up happily in, insulated from the world. One that is validating and that runs like clockwork. Even the navigators in UBC ran through very rocky patches during my time.

And now, I praise God. For the other gift he has given me. Independence, courage, and thought.
And finally, for trusting me. To be strong enough in open waters.

I have no regrets, only warm memories.

No comments: