Thursday, November 16, 2006

I won't say 'I hope all is well with you' because I wouldn't mean it.

I don't know whose side I'm taking, but I'm not taking things too well.
[If only she knew ~ M. Branch]



I think it was a retired bus no 167 that rounded the bend at the Sembawang bus terminal where I stood. The pixelated signboard sang out hallowed seasons greetings "Merry Christmas, Happy New Year". A week ago, I found myself screaming in Changi General Hospital whilst desperate nurses tried to give me my Hep A booster shot. A booster to the orginal jab administered in May.

Has it already been six months? Am I going 'home' already?
So much has happened. I wonder, did I orchestrate this for real?

I have been enjoying myself immensely. I have deep affection for the world I have created during my 'exchange programme'. Munchie Monkey, lunch in the Business Canteen, Fong Sengs. Belmont, Erwin, Ting, Marcus, Jason, the band, Jacky, Nick and the lot. What friends! What joy!

No comments: