Saturday, November 18, 2006

Pastor Wee tells me that this whole Dennis thing is a big misunderstanding. Dennis has misunderstood me and I have misunderstood him. No this isn't going to be another angry/emo rant about the ex-boyfriend to stood center of my life for 7 years. It's really going to be about Belmont.

So maybe it was all the result of a misunderstanding. Maybe everything that I say and feel is really just misinformation and untruths spewing around. Perhaps. But then what? Given that Dennis refuses to engage with me in almost any form of discourse, I think it is safe to say that such misinformation is an inevitable condition. How can I find out for sure who you are if you do not talk to me? I will have no choice but to continue with this unflattering impression of thus.

And so, I have found that when it comes to Belmont, I have my images, my perceptions and my solitarily-form realities. And they aren't always pretty, swinging from insecurity to insecurity. But then the evening rolls by and we find ourselves by the beach, in a park. Engaging person to person, soul to soul, I am taken by surprise by a reality so familiar, yet differently hued. Then my breath disppears into the thin midnight air, and my feet no longer know the ground.

No comments: