Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Building a mystery taxi ride Give me one reason ain't no sunshine

Taxi ride
Lily is dancing on the table We've all been Pushed Too far I guess on days like this you know who your friends are Just another Dead Fag to you that's all Just another Light missing on a long taxi ride taxi ride And I'm down to Your last cigarette and this "We are one" crap as you're invading This thing you call Love - she smiles way too much but I'm glad you're on my side, sure I'm glad you're on my side still You think you deserve a trust fund Just because you Want one Sure you talk the talk when you need to I fear the whole world is starting to Believe you Just another Dead Fag to you that's all Just another Light missing in a long taxi line taxi line And I'm down to Your last cigarette and this "We are one" crap as you're invading This thing you call Love - she smiles way too much but I'm glad you're on my side, sure I'm glad you're on my side still Lily is dancing on the table We've all been pushed Too far today Even a glamorous Bitch can be in need this is where you know the Honey from the Killer Bees I'm glad you're on my side sure I'm glad you're on my side sure I'm glad you're on my side still Got a long taxi ride Got a long taxi ride

Tears

I hate crying. Hate hate hate crying.

So I don't... not often anyway

But sometimes the power granted to me is so so great, that in the midst of winning, of elation, it crushes me with fear, regret and the despairing knowledge that this is not all that i made it out to be. That we are human. So utterly not what we are. Forever changing, cursed with the fleeting, the ephemeral... Exposed to the dangers of ourselves, our circumstances and our choices...

Our choices...
Our gift and our bane.
That of all the creatures that walk this earth, only we are responsible for what we do simply because we are not bound primarily by instinct.
That what's in an animal is in a man, only this time, deemed damning.
That is the price for our higher existance. For having a greater sense, and a greater purpose for...

love

This thing you call love, she smiles way too much .... but...

That's my lot, that's my place of contentment... and contention.

I only have to understand the notion of responsiblity, disappointment, and being alone.

No comments: