Monday, March 31, 2003

I was in the shower (a most glamourous place to be sometimes) and I spoke with my imagination.

[pause] well, to be painfully honest, I don't think I'm ready yet.

Why not?


[she ponders, trying to word her feelings right] well, It's because I have always regarded the arts community in singapore as a tight circle of elites. The regard I hold for some of them is beyond the respect warrented to a senior for a junior in any other circumstance. So until I can see the artistes here as 3-dimensional individuals who incidentally spring from the same pool of humanity as i did, I will not be able to give myself the proper self-respect and understanding that I would need to utilize my full potential...

Of course, my imagination was satisfied, encouraging and impressed.

Maybe the first sign that I'm vaugely ready is when I quit living in the bathroom.

No comments: