Sunday, March 30, 2003

She takes a deep breath, and holds it... for so many things.

Sometimes, being too aware is tiring.
You want to do things correctly, so you watch yourself.
You want to understand the beauty of the moment, so you watch yourself.
You want to capture the essence of what you're doing, so you watch yourself.
You want to celebrate the joy of being, so you watch yourself.

So you tend to screw up, and blame yourself.
And the beauty eludes your grasp, and you blame yourself for not being more enlightened.
The essence slips past your fingers, as delicately as time evades the mind, and you struggle with the loss.
The celebration becomes too contrived and force, and you regret not being spontanious.

Oh darn.

She slowly lets it out... hoping not to lose too much.
I cannot say when I'm ready to do this. I feel "unripe"
I was introduced to this world 2 years ago.

"Theatre, meet Hannah, Hannah, meet theatre.

We shook hands and in our youth, made a wonderful pair.

But we grow and as friends often do, we had our differences.

But now... things are so strained.

I am faced with something I had never anticipated.

How could I not see that with art is built upon people, and that one day I would have to touch them, in all their humanity, in everything that I have strived to understand, to love and yet find horrifyingly fearful.

Atychiphobia - I'm a Failure
Atelophobia - I'm not perfect
Enissophobia - I'd be criticized
Athazagoraphobia - I won't be noticed

Anthropophobia - this one, belongs to me.

No comments: