Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Me Myself and...I

There's so much talk of selfishness.
The primary function of the blog springs from that vice too doesn't it? The ownership of space that is entirely, exclusively... yours.
I have been accused of selfishness all my life.

So why scream?
We are ALL solipsistic
when I say "I want you to be happy" that comes with the prerequsite that I'm happy too.
We are all creatures of necessity, and sometimes, sadly, friendship needs a reason.
Though depressing, this is not overwhelming.
We cannot live in the romances in our minds.

It's Human nature. To question such, only reflects it so.
"why are they so darn selfish?"
They only are because i want them to think of me.
It's something I cannot purge within me, and I can only learn how to accept.
I learn to see that their fault is mine and that there is no point in doing anything but to compromise...
Maybe that's why I die.

That's why maybe, My Best Friend's Wedding is a good movie after all...

No Blood For Oil
My T-shirt annouces that I am an ardent supporter of the anti-war movement.

The ironies are astounding.

The war, in little sunny singapore, has a curious effect...
For one, differing opinions become topics of hot debate, ending in severe verbal conflict, complete with the name calling.
A war about a war.
A war on peace.

I do not agree with this war,
But I am not a pacifist.
I cannot say that war is justified,
But I do not believe that it is indespensible.

When one man wrestles alone, struggling between spirit and flesh, he symbolises war.

With all this about being one with humanity, about seeing that we are all equal and the same, that we are all HUMAN. Once we recognise this, we can do away with prejudice.

with humanity comes it's flaws, and with it, prejury.
So we become one with humanity,
We see we are all the same,
We see we are all human,
We see we are all flawed,
We see we are all inclined to prejury,
We see we are all polaric in nature.
We epitomise conflict.

Why do we try to fight against ourselves? are we not, just another war?

There are many things we cannot change... our humanity being one of them.

Peace is the greatest gift we can give our children

And we would breed an entire earthful of Singaporeans.
Absolut.

So I'm extreme, Yes i love peace, but not ignorance,
Without the fire there can be no strength.
We need to know when to stop. Both ways.

Thank god for our humanity.

If I were Mr Bush...
... standing at the pentagon window, watching a sea of disarrayed protestors, armed with picket fences and flowers. Chanting obscenities, laughing drunkedly, and dancing like it's a big party....

Am i supposed to stop the darn war?

I protest.
And I'd like to reflect the solomnity of the situation, the scantity of human life.
I protest.
And I'd like to show intelligence, reasonablity, and rationalism.
I protest.
And I'd like be self-aware when I do so, understanding that I am not universally correct, that my views, as his, are based on personal perception and morality, and who am I to judge?
I protest.
And I'd like to see protestors create a force to be reckoned with, a force that sways the heart, not the hand.
I protest.
I bleed.
I hurt.
I cry.
Why can't I do anything more?

No comments: