Monday, December 11, 2006

I just kinda thought that a mundane report on my life on my blog was in order. A lot has been happening and not a lot has been going. The christmas musical has reached a mild crisis and we contemplated scrapping the entire thing for messiness and commitment issues. But I am glad that we are pressing on and trusting God. Only God can deal with this.

Sue is here, and it has been great just hanging out with her. Our laughter and nonsense is interspersed with life-shaping conversations. I have learnt a lot from her and am utterly blessed that she is here in my life. The time that we share with Belmont is also a great blessing. That she knows him, that they get along and laugh is a firm en-etchment of this relationship in my life in Canada. She, along with Majortom are the bridges between my two lives.

I've helped Dua Yi sell christmas trees again this year. This brings me back to the time when I was 10. Danny was there even since, and he's still here, a faithful twelve years later. The only difference it seems is that the oranments are classier and the patrons are more interested in colour schemes and style. But then again, I wonder if there has ever been sentimentality in commercialization at all.

I ran into a slight academic crisis. Apparently, I had handed in the wrong assignment. I did my essay on Lesson 6: religion. Of course, how could I pass that up? So I didn't, even when the assignment instructions clearly indicated that the material must be derived from Lesson 8-15. So obviously 6 was way off. I thought I had everything pat down till January, then my prof emails me to inform me of my mistake. But he was a sweetheart and instead of penalizing me for my oversight (I totally deserved a C for that) he allowed me to redo the work. That would otherwise have ruined my christmas.

To be more specific about Thursday's dinner with Dennis. Surfice it to say that it went eventlessly, with small talk and mindless chatter. But after, I wept for an hour while on the phone with Belmont. Tears that had no reason, althought Ziig suspects it's relief. And it was true. I had let go. And I had learnt grace. But although I had stepped through the opening, the door remains ajar. Sunday came and I refused to engage. But I doubt that these things work the way we want them to. It's alright. I don't need this anyway. If anything, I have learnt grace, and I might be more gracious to myself.

Alright. That's my life.
It's perfect.

OH! I'm only returning to Vancouver on the 6th of Jan, I guess all the coffeeing will have to be done over term-time.

ps Shu, don't worry, I will be living with my parents. Won't need to impose on you sweetie. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well hon, already got the go ahead from both steph and glen for you to stay here. but if you prefer to stay with mom and pop then sure babe.

holding you to coffee still though.

-shu

Hannah Lim said...

OOoooooKKaaaayy!!!!