Friday, February 16, 2007

"I have to show you something! It's a surprise!"

And Mel makes me smile for the rest of the day. Thank you for being a wonderful friend, I want to put into words how precious you friendship is to me but I find that it would not do justice to what we have. You walked me through many decisions, comforted me -effectively- through difficult times, wined me, laughed at/with me, and was basically home. We can still save the world together, since you save me from myself. How you handle me with your tragic humour and genuine sympathy, when I'm wrecked on the floor over lost wallets and trashed posters. Please please please, take care of yourself in Thailand. I want you back in tact and ready to watch movies, drink wine and cook. I remember how much you feared for our friendship when I left for Singapore. I thought you silly then, and our many hours spent skyping is proof of my astute perception. And I'm saying we'll be friends till we're crippled by age.

"Aiyoooooooh"

Thi makes me happy. Walking to the edge of the water for three hours, forgetting time and duty we stare forward into the unveiled future. Musing about possible paths, and dreams... It seems like only yesterday I found him on the second floor of Tec and asked to borrow and pair of shorts. He dumped me in the trash and left me in the male toilet to drown - and then rescued me. We've been through a lot together, and yet don't spend that much time with each other. This is one of those relationships that puzzle me: how do I trust and remain open with someone I like, meet three times a year? That will change. I might not be studying in the Saunder School of commerce, but I do know a thing or two about investments.

So today, Mel drove me to school and Thi made me traverse all over downtown vancover with my backpack. We travelled through space and time together, and this is how I want to get through life.

I think we forget that life isn't just being there, it's getting there. And while you're at it, love and be as much as possible. It makes 'there' an easier place to exist in when you've got good company. In fact, I think the point of getting 'there' is to enjoy the company of those who have travelled with you.

Please, make car rides longer, let's take buses, ferries, planes. Let's just keep going. And even though we're always moving, let's remember to keep home.
~soulitary.blogspot.com 13th Sept 2006

OMG! I just quoted myself!

No comments: