Sunday, February 29, 2004

When beauty comes by knocking

I am overwhelmed by the power relationships have in my life. How they are used for me, against me and by me. They are essentially all we have, all we are and all we want to be. One no more impacting then the next. In sociology, i essentially learnt that relationships are just power-struggles. How true and how amazing. We spend time and energy shaping another, imposing on and molding to fit. It's a constant process, of compromise and friction. But it's only though all that that anything matters.

And it's only though friction that heat is produced.

I would stand here, secure enough to tell you my insecurites. To lay it all out on the table, to give myself fully to the master's hand. With no fear of permanent damage. No if anything, it would be self-improvement. But the greatest gift out of all this: Fulfilment.

Talk to me. I love you.

Love seeketh not itself to please,
nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease
and builds a heaven in hell's despair.

No comments: